Sunday, October 9, 2011

Finishing up my first furniture piece.

I bought a cute dresser off of Craigslist about a month ago with the intention of refinishing/repainting it. I decided on chocolate and turquoise for the master bedroom and bathroom. So I wanted to add punches of color to the bedroom through accessories and furniture pieces.

I hope to complete the dresser tomorrow, but in the meantime here are some images of what my husband and I finished today.

My husband sanding the top of the dresser (with my birthday sander)

Added Minwax Dark Walnut stain
Added a clear glossy sealant to the drawers

Placed repainted hardware back on drawers

Had a mishap with one of the drawers that needed to be fixed

Additional progress images:

Fixing the top of the dresser (it was loose)


Before paint
Primer
After paint

Before
After

More pictures of the finished product later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest