Thursday, November 8, 2012

Applesauce Bread





Applesauce bread is a hit at my house, when I make banana bread (for myself) I have to make applesauce bread for my husband. He prefers his applesauce bread with craisins in it (like I needed another reason to buy craisins in bulk). This is an easy recipe that is delicious. Give it a try and tell me what you think. The link to the original recipe from is listed below.




























Applesauce Bread

Ingredients:
Dry - 
1 1/2 cups whole wheat or all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tbsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tbsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup craisins (optional - my husband MUST have craisins in his personal loaf)

Wet - 
3/4 cup applesauce
2 eggs
1/4 cup butter; melted

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. 
Prepare bread pan with nonstick baking spray, or butter and flour.

In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients. Make a well in the center of combined dry ingredients and add the applesauce, eggs, and butter. Stir well. Pour batter into a buttered bread pan and bake for 45-55 mins (for a full size loaf pan) at 350 degrees F, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.

New Nostalgia Applesauce Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest